Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Presentations

I thought it was quite interesting when we had the discussion about Timothy White. I found it rather humorous that nobody in the class really appreciated White's work. I found his work to be very aesthetically pleasing and I thought that the photographs were well done. I don't think that photographs should be discounted just because there is a celebrity in it. He is a good photographer technically and he is a good businessman in the sense that these famous people want him as their photographer. I guess this is my problem with UB. We are taught to criticize photographers that work in the commercial field of photography. I guess all I can say is, White is incredibly successful, and it sounds like he enjoys everything he does, so in my opinion, I think that he is a strong photographer and successful businessman.

No comments: