Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Presentations

I thought that Amy's presentation brought up some very controversial issues. I thought that the discussion we had about the topic after was also very interesting. I think it is so sad to see how far women will go to make themselves "Beautiful" in their eyes. I think documenting what these women do, is a good way to try and document this problem with society. I was wondering during her presentation how these women that were being photographed reacted to the photographs being published in Vogue. Are they that brainwashed to not be moved by the images? Jennifer brought up a very strong argument when she said that people that look at magazines such as vogue, it is not that they cannot think for themselves, it is the interest. I completely agree with her when she said that we are all influenced by someone or something. That is what society pushes people to do, to follow a certain trend, or buy some cool new gadget. Another point I thought was so true that Bleu mentioned was that when people "read magazines" they are looking at the photographs and moving to the next page. At least I know I do that. I might read a few articles in a magazine, but for the most part I thumb through it. I guess that shows how important photographs truly are in magazines. They need to really catch the reader's attention for the person to consider reading the article.

No comments: