Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Class Today

I thought that class today was quite interesting. The photographer the Joseph chose to talk about was very interesting, and at the same time very controversial. I think that the photographers work is one you would have to see in person, to get the real effect. It is blatant that he wanted to stay out of the comments which these children were saying, just by the way that he typed them out. I think that comment that Jeannine brought up was a very good point; just the fact that the photographer used correct punctuation, but used word for word what the boy was saying, including "um..." I understand that he is trying to get the point across about the environment these children are living in, but they don't know any better, and to put them down the way the photographer did was wrong. Just what the children are saying shows who they are and what environment they are living in. I don't think typing out every little mistake they made was truly the right choice. I personally think that just having an audio would get the point across. I understand that it is nice to have words to read along with sometimes, when it might be hard to understand someone, or they might be quiet, but typing out every little error is not needed in the least bit. But again, I don't think that looking at these photographs and listening or reading the comments online would compare to seeing it in an actual gallery. It would be interesting to find out what the photographer was saying to the children; to know exactly the whole conversation between the two.

No comments: