Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In regards to Mark's blog

I found it quite interesting that Mark felt that the photographs that Adam Jahiel took were "ideal." I think that he must have missed the whole point of his series, which I found to be quite obvious. Jahiel's series of "The Last Cowboy" is showing that being a cowboy is a dying job, with technology growing every day, there are newer and more efficient ways to gather cattle. So, his point which I mentioned in my presentation was to document history. He is documenting something that probably won't last too much longer. So, by saying that they are "ideal" (when comparing them to old photographs of cowboys) shows you are not comprehending his point. He isn't trying to show his photographs different from what is really going on, rather he is documenting the truth. I feel that his reasoning behind using black and white, is to give the idea of the "old times," because like I said this job was important back in the days, where now it is being replaced by technology. Just wanted to try and clarify the point of Jahiel's series.

No comments: